Go back to your constituencies and prepare for government

In anticipation of strange things happening during the first party conference season since the coalition government came to power, Liberal Democrat Voice has just posted some funny bits from Tory Party conferences of yesteryear.

I was rather surprised that they didn't balance them with a few clips from past Liberal Democrat Conferences and/or Liberal Assemblies of yesteryear, which has prompted me to start looking through my archives for gems.

What better place to start than David Steel's final words to the Liberal Party Assembly in 1981 (even though it's taken 29 years for them to come true)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this video. If I ever need something to cheer me up and have a good belly laugh about, this is just the thing.